News / asthma
People suffering from severe allergies and respiratory illnesses do not realise that it may be their bedding that is a contributing factor aggravating their condition. Us, as humans spend one-third of our lives in bed, making it important that our sleep experience is not only peaceful, but healthy.
Dust mites, pet dander, mould and mildew in our bedding car trigger allergic reactions. The results can be inflamed, congested, and irritated respiratory passages, as well as wheezing, watery eyes, constant sneezing, skin irritations such as eczema, and an uncomfortable sleep.
The Silky Kisses pillowcase is made from natural silk. Silk is an exceptional hypoallergenic material because it does not support dust mites as it helps by creating an effective barrier against nasty irritants and dander.
Silky Kisses pillowcases are soft, comfortable and luxurious and for people who change in temperature during the night, you can rest assured knowing your pillowcase can regulate your body temperature to alleviate any effects of night sweats and chills that can occur during menopause or when undergoing medical treatments such as chemotherapy or operations. It is all natural and breathable which prevents the accumulation of moisture. A Silky Kisses pillowcase could help people suffering from fibromyalgia to enjoy a more restful and relaxed nights sleep.
A good night's sleep affects our physical, mental, and emotional health and well being. It improves our energy levels, immune system, and memory capacity making it vitally important for everyone.
Knowing some the causes of allergies and how to reduce the conditions that create an allergy prone environment, will help you better control their effects. Using hypoallergenic material when sleeping allows you to get your 8 hours comfortably, resulting in an improved quality of life and health.
People who have asthma have airways that are very twitchy or sensitive. They may react to things that can (that is, make) asthma symptoms start. These things are aptly called, "triggers." When you are near an asthma trigger, your airways may become swollen, tighten up, and produce too much mucus. You may start to wheeze, cough, have congestion, itchy eyes, or a runny nose. It's important to find out what your asthma triggers are and figure out ways to control them.
If you, or someone you love suffers with Asthma, here are some simple ways you can begin to control dust mites, one of the main triggers for an Asthma attack:
- Dust weekly
- Sleep on hypoallergenic material
- Damp wipe mattress cover weekly
- Reduce clutter, toys and collections in bedroom
- Place stuffed toys in freezer overnight every week
- Put your pillow in an airtight cover or wash it every week in hot water
- Avoid sleeping or lying on upholstered furniture
- Remove carpets that are laid on concrete
- Wash your bed covers and clothes every week in hot water
- Use a dehumidifier
- Remove carpets and drapes from your bedroom. Use a washable window shade instead
- Clean or replace heat/air conditioner filter as per manufacturer's instructions, at least once each month.
- Avoid using a vacuum or being in a room while it is being vacuumed. If you must vacuum, one or more of the following things can be done to reduce the amount of dust you breathe in.
Silk is sympathetic to our bodies needs and works in conjunction with our bodies to help us get what we really want and need - contented, deep sleep.
Pete Malcom, Asthma guides, Sleep easy with Smartsilk Hypoallergenic Bedding, http://asthmaguides.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/sleep-easy-with-smartsilk.html